Kingsley Ehizibue has been handed a first call up to the Super Eagles ahead of their AFCON 2021 qualifying double-header against Sierra Leone.
Nigeria will host the Leone Stars in Asaba for the first leg on Friday, March 27, before flying to Freetown for the return fixture at the Siaka Stevens Stadium four days later.
BusybuddiesNG.com compiles a list of important things you need to know about the newly invited Super Eagles’ player.
10 Things About Kingsley Ehizibue
1. Ehizibue is a defender who currently plays at right-back for FC Koln in the German Bundesliga although he is equally adept at right midfield.
2. His full name is Kingsley Osezele Ehizibue and he is currently 24-years-old but will be 25 by May – just two days before Children’s Day.
3. Kingsley’s parents are both Nigerians and hail from Uromi in Esan North-eastern Local Government Area of Edo State which makes him eligible to play for the Super Eagles.
4. He was born in Germany but grew up in the Netherlands after his parents moved when he was two-years-old.
5. Kingsley’s first club was CSV28, a local amateur outfit in the Netherlands.
6. He started playing professional football for Dutch Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle.
7. Kingsley made his professional debut for PEC Zwolle on 29 October 2014 against HHC Hardenberg in a Dutch Cup fixture.
8. His first league game was against Willem II on December 13, 2014, in the Dutch Eredivisie
9. He has made one appearance for the Dutch national U21 team in 2016.
10. He joined his current club FC Koln in May 2019 and has registered one goal in 21 Bundesliga appearances.