Ndidi, Iheanacho Shocked As Leicester Concede Late Equaliser At Watford

Wilfred Ndidi was on for the entirety of the game while Kelechi Iheanacho was a late substitute as Leicester City gave up a late goal to draw 1-1 with Watford in an empty Vicarage Road.

Ben Chilwell’s 90th-minute arrowed drive looked to have won the game for Leicester but there was still time for centre-back Craig Dawson to score an improbable scissors kick three minutes into added time to snatch a draw for the Hornets.

The stoppage-time goals added drama to what was a largely tepid display from both sides.

The draw leaves Watford a point above the relegation zone although Nigel Pearson’s side could still finish the day back in the bottom three depending on results elsewhere.

Brendan Rodgers’ Foxes Leicester stay third and are still on course to secure Champions League qualification this season.

Ndidi was making his 24th appearance of the season at the base of Leceister’s midfield and was largely untroubled as the Foxes dominated the game and controlled the ball although they struggled to pose any threats until late on.

Instead, it was the Hornets for whom Isaac Success was unlisted that had two good chances to score with Kasper Schmeichel making excellent stops to deny Abdoulaye Doucoure and then Ismaila Sarr in the second half.

While the Hornets were content to soak pressure and break sporadically, Leicester struggled to find any spaces and Rodgers looked to Iheanacho to open up the opposition, introducing the Nigerian international in the 83rd-minute for Marc Albrighton who had rattled the post earlier.

Iheanacho’s introduction appeared to do the magic for Leicester as they took the lead nine minutes later with Chilwell driving a fierce shot beyond Ben Foster for only his fourth career goal.

A delighted Rodgers thought a hard-fought three points were secure but Dawson showed remarkable skill to hook an overhead kick past a helpless Kasper Schmeichel off a Watford corner to spark dramatic celebrations.