The first phase of the Nigeria Premier Volleyball League will take place from 5-15 April, 2021 the Nigeria Volleyball Federation revealed on Tuesday.
According to the NVBF programme of events for 2021 signed by Secretary Gen, Ngozi Mayo, the first phase will hold in Kwara State with the second phase scheduled for 25 November to 5 December in a yet to be decided venue.
The first phase of the National Division One League, meanwhile, will take place in Ogun State from 5 to 15 April, 2021 with the second phase scheduled for 14 to 24 October 2021 in Bauchi.
The NVBF issued a mandatory directive for each team to come with an accompanying referee who they’ll be responsible for at all competitions or risk a fine of One Hundred Thousand naira (N100,000).
The Federation said registration fee has been fixed at fifty thousand naira (N50, 000.00) for clubs while five thousand naira (N5. 000.00) will be paid per player with teams allowed a maximum of 20 players.
The schedule for 2021 National League as approved by the Board of the NVBF is as follows:
1) 31st January to March 2021 (Registration of Clubs/Players – NVBF Secretariat Abuja).
2) 5th to 15th April 2021 (Division 1, Phase 1 in Ogun).
3) 20th – 30th April 2021 ( Premier Phase 1 in Ilorin).
4) 14th to 24th October 2021 (Division 1 Final in Bauchi).
5) 25th November to 5th December (Premier League Final – TBD).