Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo has disclosed that he would leave Red Bull to join Renault at the end of the 2018 Formula One season.
Ricciardo, 29, made the announcement earlier on Friday.
In July, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner had revealed that Daniel Ricciardo was close to signing a new deal.
He is out of contract at the end of this season and has made the decision to link up with Renault when his contract expires.
On his latest career decision, Ricciardo, who has won two races this season and is presently fifth in the drivers’ championship, said: “It was probably one of the most difficult decisions to take in my career so far, but it was time for me to take on a fresh and new challenge.”
“There is a lot ahead in order to allow Renault to reach their target of competing at the highest level but I have been impressed by their progression in only two years.
“Each time Renault has been in the sport they eventually won. I hope to be able to help them in this journey and contribute on and off track.” He added
Horner said that Red Bull “respected” his decision and will “continue to evaluate the numerous options available to us” for his replacement.
The Australian has won seven races in addition to 29 podium positions since he replaced Mark Webber at Red Bull in 2014.
- / 9 hours ago
CAIRO – Goalkeeper trainer for the Super Eagles, Alloy Agu has weighed in on...
- / 12 hours ago
CAIRO – Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi may have played his last game...
- / 14 hours ago
Nigeria’s U21 national male handball team male have arrived Spain where they are due...
- / 15 hours ago
CAIRO – Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen has given vent to his displeasure at...