FIFA’s Bureau Council has appointed a normalisation committee for the Cameroonian Football Association due to failed attempts to reconcile the electoral impasse currently rocking the FA.
The decision is in response to Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) upholding the “Chambre de Conciliation et d’Arbitrage du Comité Olympique et Sportif du Cameroun” (CCA/CNOSC) annulment of the electoral process that brought in the current FECAFOOT executive committee in 2015.
The committee’s mandate will include the following tasks:
- To run the daily affairs of FECAFOOT;
- To draft new statutes in consultation with all stakeholders and in compliance with FIFA’s Statutes and standards as well as mandatory national law;
- To review the statutes of the regional and departmental leagues and ensure their alignment with the FECAFOOT statutes;
- To identify the delegates of the FECAFOOT general assembly and of the regional and departmental leagues;
- To organise and conduct elections of a new FECAFOOT executive committee.
The normalisation committee will now take charge of FECAFOOT’s affairs not later than 28 February 2018.