The WBA have ordered British boxer, Anthony Joshua, to defend his title against Cuba’s Luis Ortiz, following the shock retirement of Wladimir Klitschko.
Joshua was in the middle of a November 11 re-match in Las Vegas talks with Klitschko, before the Ukrainian retired from boxing on Thursday. The Brit and Luis Ortiz have now been given thirty days from August 3rd to agree on the terms of their fight.
27-year-old Joshua, who knocked out Wladimir Klitschko in the 11th round at Wembley last April, will also have to face IBF mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev, before December 2nd, 2017 or his belt will be stripped.
— Klitschko (@Klitschko) August 4, 2017
Luis Ortiz’s manager told reporters: “We are next. We have no problem fighting on that date of November 11th in Las Vegas. Our mandatory takes precedent over Pulev’s and they know that.”
Nicknamed “The Real King Kong”, Cuba’s Luis Ortiz has 23 knockouts from 27 wins so far in his career.
- / 20 mins ago
Vittsjo FC of Sweden and Super Falcons defender Osinachi Ohale says the team has...
- / 32 mins ago
Nike is set to extend its kit deal with Nigeria Football Federation for a...