Victor Moses’ days appear to be numbered after Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri told the former Nigerian international he is not in his plans and should seek regular football elsewhere.
According to reports on various British tabloids, Sarri had a tête-à-tête with Moses and pointedly told the versatile winger he doesn’t fit into his high-pressing, short passing tactics also known as Sarriball.
Moses has made six appearances under Sarri this season but only one came as a starter – a league cup game against Liverpool – and is currently behind Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Loftus Cheek in the pecking order for places in the Chelsea attack.
He retired from international football in August in a bid to force his way into Sarri’s plan but that seems to be a futile decision as Chelsea are ready to cash in on him when the winter transfer window opens in January.
The 27-year-old joined Chelsea in 2012 in a £9m deal from Wigan Athletic before he was almost perennially loaned out to Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham United.
The appointment of Antonio Conte gave Moses some respite as he found regular starting berth in the right wingback position of Conte’s 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation.
Sarri has however ditched that formation for a possession-oriented 4-3-3 setup rendering the use of wingbacks purposeless.
Victor Moses signed a new Chelsea contract in March last year. The contract runs until June 2021.
- / 11 hours ago
Chairman of Lagos State Sports Commission Dr Kweku Tandoh says the Commission’s focus in...
- / 14 hours ago
The Madrid Provincial Court will study the tax cases of Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso on Tuesday, January...
- / 14 hours ago
Following on the success of its first two editions, the Nigerian Premier Football League (NPFL)...