Popular Prediction: Both team to score
Manchester City vs Arsenal
Venue: Etihad Stadium
Record: Games against each other in all competitions. Arsenal v Manchester City
|Played||Won||Draw||Lost||Goal Arsenal||Goal Man City|
|Arsenal At Home||87||53||21||13||160||77|
Record win & defeat
|Manchester City||1 – 5||Arsenal||2002/2003|
|Arsenal||7 – 3||Manchester City||1956/1957|
|Manchester City||4 – 0||Arsenal||1912/1913|
Facts to note :
Manchester City :
- The club’s most successful period was in the late 1960s and early 1970s when they won the League Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners’ Cup under the management team of Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. After losing the 1981 FA Cup Final, the club went through a period of decline, culminating in relegation to the third tier of English football for the only time in their history in 1998. Having regained their Premier League status in the early 2000s, the club was purchased in 2008 by Abu Dhabi United Group and has since become one of the wealthiest in the world. Since 2011, the club have won five major honours, including the Premier League in 2012 and 2014.
- Manchester City Football Club is a football club in Manchester, England. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark’s (West Gorton), they became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894.
- This will be the first season that Arsenal will not be participating in the UEFA Champions League since 1997–98
- The season will be the 21st straight season under manager Arsène Wenger and covers the period from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.
- Nickname(s) The Gunners
- Founded 1886; 131 years ago
- The club has won 13 League titles, a record 13 FA Cups, two League Cups, the League Centenary Trophy, 15 FA Community Shields, one UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup and one Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. It has won the second-most top-flight matches in English football history, and is the only English club to go a 38-match league season unbeaten
Man City have won their last 8 matches (Premier League).
Man City have scored at least 3 goals in their last 4 home matches (Premier League)
Arsenal are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 matches against Man City in all competitions
Manchester City are clear favourites, they need to defend better than what they have in recent home clashes against the Gunners. Arsenal have scored at least two goals in four of their last five visits to the Etihad.
Arsenal have won 10 of their last 13 matches in all competitions but we are still waiting for Arsene Wenger’s side to play their best football, which, in a sense, bodes well for the Gunners. However, failure to produce their best on Sunday may result in a big home win for City.