Mali’s Adama Kone suffered an electric shock which led to his immediate death on Thursday, reports say.
The former Rahimo FC of Ghana forward was electrocuted after unplugging his cell phone according to Ghanaian sports journalist, Nuhu Adams.
Malian 🇲🇱 footballer Adama Koné has been confirmed DEAD after an electrical shock yesterday.
Reports say the attacker was electrocuted after unplugging his cell phone
Koné was key for Rahimo FC 🇧🇫 when they won double last season and scored twice in the Burkina Faso Cup final. pic.twitter.com/hk4lPPE6x4
— N U H U 🕷 (@NuhuAdams_) May 8, 2020
Kone was a very reliable option for Rahimo FC in their successful campaign last season in which they grabbed a double.
😱Adama Koné ne chaussera plus les crampons 🙈
En vacances à Bamako, l'ancien joueur du Rahimo FC🇧🇫est décédé ce jeudi, selon les médias qui précisent que le joueur évoluant cette saison en Autriche, serait mort ''par électrocution électrique''.
Courage à la famille du défunt🌹. pic.twitter.com/QvHGvoqCJi
— DIANDA (@KarimSembga) May 7, 2020
He is said to have been in Bamako for holidays at the time of his death.