Mo Farah has suggested that media scrutiny over his past association with former coach Alberto Salazar who was recently banned for doping violations is motivated by racism.
Salazar, who coached Farah to Olympic and world titles and helped transform him into Britain’s most decorated athletes was banned from the sport for four years last week.
Responding to questions from journalists about his former coach being banned for doping violations, Farah who is in Chicago where he’s due to compete in the Sunday’s Marathon, said there was an “agenda” against him and appeared to suggest there were racist undertones to the media scrutiny of him.
“There is no more I can do,” the 36-year-old said.
“I am probably one of the most tested athletes in the world.
“I get tested all the time and I’m happy to be tested anytime, anywhere and for my sample to be used to keep and freeze it.
“There is a clear agenda to this. I know where you are going with it. I have seen it with Raheem Sterling and Lewis Hamilton.”
Farah was coached by Salazar at the Nike Oregon Project, which was closed down by the sporting brand earlier on Friday.
Salazar’s ban followed a four-year investigation by the US Anti-Doping Agency (Usada) and a two-year court battle behind closed doors.
Asked if Salazar’s ban will taint his own legacy Farah replied: “Not at all. It’s just what you want to make it. For me I believe in what I do.
“This is not about Mo Farah, this is about Alberto Salazar. I am not Alberto.
“I was never given anything. I am not on testosterone or whatever it is. At the time I never saw any wrongdoing when I was there. This allegation is about Salazar, not Mo Farah.”