Audi has demanded that Barcelona’s players return their free cars after the German manufacturer’s sponsorship deal with the Spanish champions expired.
The club teamed up with the car manufacturer last year and Lionel Messi and Co were offered a nice freebie as part of the deal.
According to Spanish newspaper Diario AS, the deal between Audi and Barcelona finished on 30th June.
And Audi, who also has similar deals with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, want their free cars to be returned.
Barcelona superstar, Messi picked up an Audi RS 6 that is estimated around £130,000.
Sergio Busquets’ Audi R8 Coupe V10 is the most expensive of the lot at a whopping £192,000, while Luis Suarez’s Audi RS 6 Avant is priced at around £127,000.
Below are what each player and the manager picked as their car.
- Sergio Busquets: Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus Daytona gray (£192,000)
- Gerard Pique: Audi RS 6 Avant performance Daytona gray (£127,000)
- Luis Suarez: Audi RS 6 Avant performance Daytona gray (£127,000)
- Lionel Messi: Audi RS 6 Avant performance Sepang blue (£127,000)
- Nelson Semedo: Audi Q7 Carrara white (£75,000)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen: Audi SQ5 TFSI Mythos black (£71,000)
- Ernesto Valverde: Audi Q7 e-tron quattro Florett silver (£65,000)
- Jordi Alba: Audi Q7 Sepang blue (£65,000)
- Ivan Rakitic: Audi Q7 Graphite gray (£65,000)
- Philippe Coutinho: Audi Q7 3.0 TDI (£65,000)
- Ousmane Dembele: Audi RS3 Sportback Panther black (£56,000)
- Sergi Roberto: Audi RS3 Sportback Catalunya red (£56,000)
- Samuel Umtiti: Audi RS3 Sportback Catalunya red (£56,000)
Every season the players would get brand-new cars with Audi selling the second-hand models. The company has given a three-week deadline for the players to return the supercars.
Barcelona’s players had used the cars as their daily ride to and from the club’s training ground.
The move ends a 13-year relationship between the Catalan club and German cat giant who also had deals with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.