Anthony Joshua will defend his IBF heavyweight title against Kubrat Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 20 June.
Pulev, 38, is the mandatory IBF challenger to take on Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles.
Joshua beat Andy Ruiz Jr in December to reclaim the belts he had lost in a shock defeat to the Mexican-American months earlier.
“I am happy to have the opportunity to show the world how strong I really am,” said Bulgarian Pulev.
June 20th 🗓 pic.twitter.com/4FbiftE8Cl
— Anthony Joshua (@anthonyfjoshua) March 2, 2020
The fight marks a return to the UK for Joshua since he beat Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in September 2018.
The fight with Pulev was initially fixed for Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring, with Carlos Takam stepping in to replace him at 12 days’ notice.
Joshua announced the fight after news emerged that Deontay Wilder had activated his rematch clause against WBC champion Tyson Fury.
Fury beat Deontay Wilder to claim the WBC title last month, meaning the British heavyweights now hold all of the division’s belts between them.
Fury’s promoter Bob Arum confirming that a rematch will happen “before the Olympics – July”.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn had said talks were underway for an all-British unification bout between Joshua and Fury.
Any potential bout between Fury and Joshua will have to happen after a third Fury vs Wilder contest.